Friday, August 21, 2015

Bode and Space



Bode and I have been having fun just the two of us. Mimi is in school all day now. 
 And it just feels different. 
Which is strange because for three years of preschool and one year of kindergarten we've had time just the two of us. But that was just half day. And I realized this morning that having a full day just gives us SPACE. And Bode (and I) do well with SPACE. (If we were both plants, our instructions would read: Prefers to stay at home, do not attempt to take it out places. Give it plenty of quiet, downtime and it will flourish ;)

This morning I watched as Bode just laid on his tummy, elbows on his chin and played with his legos. It was magical. There was a soft breeze blowing in the door and life just felt right. I wasn't rushing him out of the door to go to pick up Mimi or fit in grocery shopping or anything. How do I say this? Bode is well...um...resistant to leaving the house. Actually he's pretty much resistant to everything (unless it's noodles, Gentry or Emerson). So life is happy right now not forcing him out the door. It feels WONDERFUL. And let's face it, I feel the same way as Bode most of the time. I've just learned how to do the adult thing and tuck it deep, deep inside).

Here's some pictures of our adventures together recently...

First, a visit to the doctor's office.

Me: Bode, look at all of your friends! (gesturing to the big bears in the waiting room)

Bode: I want to PUNCH them.

(if this boy had any more testosterone running through him, he'd be a walking penis. Sorry. It's true).

Then he was weighed and his height was measured...this part tickles me every time. I remember the first time Mimi had a more "big girl" appointment. Heck, he even peed in a cup this time! (which, was of course, fun for him).

He kept me giggling this whole appointment. He was so talkative with the nurse and told her all about which Star Wars character he was going to be for Halloween. 
Then it was time for his hearing test. It's hard to explain what he did, but he was taking himself VERY seriously and I was crying with laughter. 
(Then he noticed and started laughing with me. It was all very amusing).

***

Now normally, this is the part of the day when we'd frantically race home to get Mimi from school. Not this time! We had the whole afternoon...the world was at our fingertips!

So we went to Waneka Lake.
(wow. With a buildup like that, that actually sounds kind of lame).

But it was so fun. We walked, threw rocks in the water and played on the playground. Bode even made a new friend :)


Then I told him he could go anywhere he wanted for lunch...
Chilis it was. 
(I'll never ask him that question again. I was hoping for Chipotle).

****

I had to take  picture of me carrying him. He's four years old. I shouldn't carry him. It's absurd. But I love it. And he will also live in my basement. 

Just kidding.


Our adventure concludes every day with picking up Mimi from school...
Look everybody! He wears clothes!!!

(okay...that's a pj shirt. But still!)



I now leave you with this testosterone-filled picture sequence:







Oh man. No words.

I love my little partner in crime.


***





No comments: