Monday, February 8, 2016

Breckenridge Getaway

We were so blessed last weekend to get to stay at Carol and Doug home in Breckenridge with them and Nanny and Geeps. Getting there was a struggle (leaving to get your act together after a long week and long Friday is rough. I literally sat on our stairs, glued to the ground. I could NOT move to get the car packed and the kids out. A complete introverted, tired mom meltdown. But I got in gear, Ben bought me a Dunkies and I survived).

Boy am I glad that we got to the mountains. 
Every time I'm surrounded by huge snowdrifts and tall pine trees, I'm reminded that I really am a Colorado girl. I don't ski but I relish in being in the snow with my kids. It's beautiful and calm and supernatural. People would fly many miles to see what we have just outside our front door. We definitely got our good fill of snow fun.



These are our monkeys after a long night drive and sleep, ready to get outside.

***
There was the most amazing sledding trail next to the condo. We are spoiled for life. I cannot even tell you the hilarity of watching Mimi and Bode cruise down this long long trail, bumping along the way. 

Look! Even daddy and mommy loved it...



Cutie Nanny and Geeps








Bode defying the age old adage of "there's no free rides in life."





After a yummy, calorie-ladden lunch (hey, those trips back up the mountain were no picnic!) and a look at the ice sculptures downtown we came back to the condo and hit the hot tub.

The next morning it had snowed. A LOT.
Who knew parking lots could be so fun?!?



We were so grateful for our fun adventure. Then we got home before the next big storm came in...

Then Tuesday THIS happened! SNOW DAY!








(oh. Ps. I'm a teacher again. It's a long story. I'm teaching Bode's two a day preschool. So, here's to school pics...these are old...colored pencils and timecards).




***

No comments: