Saturday, May 7, 2016

These Silly Kids


 Sometimes our house looks like this:



 (why does Bode look like ET?)

I'm thankful for these goofballs who made me a mom...my greatest dream of my life, come true. 

***
And I'm thankful for a quiet moment to remember how much I really do love being a mom. 
Sometimes I feel like I'm operating out of a "fight or flight" mentality...rush here, rush there, tend to this need and this fight, etc. I can get lost in the details that feel stressful. 

Our bodies/minds don't like pain. And when we experience pain our mind starts to panic...and parenting is painful: sometimes physcially, sometimes mentally and emotionally.
But sometimes I just need to breathe and tell my "fight or flight" that this particular scenario that parenting has brought me (buying donuts for a school coffee, managing my daughter's need for a playdate every day, prying the Wii out of Bode's hands) Isn't, in fact, a life or death emergency, (even though my blood pressure would testify otherwise). And I need to just be. Be present. Be grateful. And realize that it's these details that fill my life with purpose and love as a mom. 

Happy Mother's Day. xo

(picture by Bode; my budding photographer)

No comments: