I love my kids' birthdays. I really do. I feel like I'm maturing as a human being because I really am okay that THEIR birthdays are a big deal in my house and mine isn't. (Silly to admit, but true. I'm sure all of you "saint" moms have been there for years). I just love getting to celebrate these little people whom I adore and enjoy making every moment special for them.
Bode's day started with balloons on his floor that Mimi and I helped blow up.
Then we took Mimi to STEM camp (Science, Tech, Engineering, Math) and played at the park.
This boy is never more happy than when you tell him how tall he is. This is him showing off his big five year old shadow.
Don't worry, I carried around Bode's baby book all day. (You know, just in case anyone wanted to reminisce with me. Surprisingly no one begged to see it.)
Then he had swim lessons where he was gifted the EXACT SET that he wanted from the sweet Gagnes. This boy was pumped.
Then we drove to Boulder to have a quick lunch with daddy and open up his present from us...(at Chipotle of course, Bode's favorite).
We picked up Mimi and then the rest of the afternoon was spent by Bode putting Legos together.
{then, in unrelated birthday news, we gave Winnie a bath}
And Popee stopped by...
Then it was off to the place that Bode requested when I asked him where he wanted to have dinner...a jump place. (Not really a dinner option, but you can see his priorities)
And we were SO happy that Gent and Maelie and Jeff and Ash could join us!
This is a happy, tired birthday boy.
And his sister...xo
It was a birth DAY full of fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment