Dance Recital Season is upon us. (Actually it's come and gone).
It's a fun milestone. And every year it threatens to take me down. I have PTSD about the years where I made new dance mom blunders...being late to picture day, letting Mimi wear her costume in the foyer of the auditorium (major dance no no), etc...but this is Year Three. I felt like "I got this..." (cautiously). I didn't make any of those blunders from years before...but even with a blunder-free recital, it still brings out crazy, frantic mom. It's so fun to see Mimi dance, but there's the rehearsals, the pictures, the schedules and costumes to keep track of (now exactly what kind of ponytail was she supposed to have again?!). And I think she was mildly excited about performing. Not sure if it was nerves or..? So we both conquered some fears (whether it be performing or performing in the mom-sense).
Thursday was REHEARSAL DAY. I geek out so much to get to take dance pictures of my babes.
Mimi's Hip Hop dance!
We left, had lunch, came back for Round Two!
(If you can't tell by her face, this was her favorite routine)
Want to know the best part of the dress rehearsal? Nana came! She couldn't make Saturday's performance so she popped in. It was awesome!
Nana, deep in thought. (Or praying to Napoleon Dynamite).
We love our Nanny.
Then it was my turn to be in a picture.
Bode literally grabbed my face and wouldn't stop kissing me. That kid cracks me up.
So proud of my girl. xoxo
Actual pictures from after the performance to come!




























No comments:
Post a Comment