For a few summers Mimi's been talking about horseback riding. Piney River Ranch seemed like the best place to do it.
I think Mimi and I were nervous but excited. (I hadn't been on a horse since I was probably her age or younger!)
But the ranch lady named Nunu was spunky and made us feel like we were in good hands.
Mimi got on Badger and I rode Gator.
(It was Mimi and I on the trail ride and another family from Kansas who couldn't have been nicer).
I'm convinced there's not a prettier spot we could've rode through: the aspens, the Gore Range and the wildflowers. (I took minimal pictures being that I wasn't a confident rider. I didn't know if using your phone and riding a horse was frowned upon like texting and driving...I didn't want to be scolded- or drop the reins!)
For awhile Mimi was a few people in front of me and I couldn't see if she was having fun.
But when I got closer I saw the huge grin on her face; she was in HEAVEN.
Nunu, our horse lady ;)
Thankful for these memories with my girl.


























No comments:
Post a Comment