I've been substitute teaching for a year now.
After a brief hiatus at another school for 6 weeks, I'm back at my kids' school...
which means when I get asked to stop in and help with the Thanksgiving Feast and take pictures, I'm already scheduled to be there!
Sometimes you get whispers about who you are and you tuck it away to remember for when you forget. My level of giddiness and excitement about being in an elementary school in the days leading to up to a holiday told me I should never be far from teaching. (Granted: big thing to note, I wasn't a classroom teaching managing the excitement and pressures and celebrations...I could just get a good contact high and coast on that).
But I couldn't stop smiling as I walked through the halls hearing Charlie Brown Thanksgiving, seeing "feasts" of applesauce and muffins (and I even got to sit in on a dress rehearsal of a 1st grade Thanksgiving performance). And I know not everyone feels like that (or gets positively giddy over poster paper, expo markers or holiday-themed shirts). So I am thankful to be close to all of these things lately that remind me it's part of who I am.
***
Anyways, here's the "before" the feast. And I love everything about this picture...
(This is Bode's "moooooom, you're so annoying but I'm actually kind of proud you're here" face. I think).
They went around the table and said what they're thankful for: Bode was thankful for his friends and family. xo
(proof he DOES like applesauce).
Cute Bennie girl.
My friends in the hall!
These moments I'm sure will be burned in parts of their brains from growing up (and now also preserved on "film")










No comments:
Post a Comment