Saturday, January 30, 2010

"Good Thing" jar



This is my jar of "Good Things." It's been a place that in the midst of crazy life stress with school and such, I've put in little reminders about what's going great in life. School life can especially be hot and cold. I'm trying to remember more of the "hot" days than cold... :)

Like the day when one of my first graders who had been giving me some recent trouble, went over and helped his classmate with his reading and I overheard him saying the exact words that I had said to him in the sweetest voice. It brought tears to my eyes.

Or when one of my rambunctious third grade reading group boys felt like I would be the right adult to go to about a problem he was having with other boys playing football at recess. That couldn't have felt better.

You may have noticed that the jar isn't so full, but the good days are coming faster than the bad. I'm full of optimism for 2010 :)


1 comment:

Caldwell Family said...

This is soooo sweet! How special that you were trusted with a problem that must have seemed HUGE to him. You are making a difference! I hope Isaac has a Mrs. Turrill oneday:)