We had a very eventful Mother's Day weekend. Saturday night I just wanted to do something out of the ordinary. We decided to go have dinner up in Estes. We live so close to so many fun places, and it felt good to be adventurous and do something that we don't normally do. So, we drove up Saturday evening and enjoyed the crisp mountain air before "tourist season" hit. We even had a close-up encounter with some elk on the way to downtown Estes.



We ate at Bob and Tony's. It was so what I was envisioning... a pizzeria joint with dark wood and an arcade in the back! Mimi had fun "driving."


After our fun pizza/arcade run, we walked down the streets in search of what Estes is known for...SWEETS!!!! (okay, I'm sure Estes is known for many more things, but to me, growing up I knew we hit Estes' main street when I could smell the warm caramel corn and see the taffy being pulled). Mimi picked a HUGE pink frosted cookie....


...and Ben and I shared caramel corn. (We stuffed our faces too, but the pictures are not as cute..)

Then it was on to Mother's Day! We visited Augustana where Ben's mom is. It's the most beautiful, serene small garden, overlooking Denver and Cherry Creek. It was the first time Mimi was there. She left a picture that she colored.
Driving by the zoo, we also took advantage of our new Denver Zoo membership and made a spontaneous zoo trip. It was so special and fun (and we ran into Aunt Karen and her family having a "zoo brunch"). I was thankful to Ben for being up for it and I was thankful for Mother's Day and the license to suggest crazy things for us to do on a whim ;)
We got home just in time to shower and head BACK out for a decadent brunch at the Greenbriar. It was a very special and memorable day.


(keeping along with the theme of "spontaneity" on Mother's Day, this was our spontaneous backyard water fight:)



It doesn't get much better than this :)
3 comments:
love the water fight pic. where did you get your cute dress? top? that you wore on mother's day???
sounds like a fabulous mother's day! (and I LOVE the taffy in Estes!) :)
what a fun mother's day! spontaneity with a toddler is NOT easy to pull off...way to go!!! wish isaac could have been there for the water fight too, looks like a blast! Happy Mother's Day to one great Momma.
ps...my card is going to be permanently displayed at our house!
Post a Comment