




Mimi has officially entered the world of "Playdates." We have a sweet little girl who lives next door named Kira. She is five. When we moved in, we were childless, so we were of no use to her. Then, I remember being pregnant and her mom talking about how someday our girls could play together. I would nod and smile and think, "probably not! That's so far away!" Little did I know how fast that day would actually creep up!
Mimi and I have walked around our fence to their backyard to join Kira in her little pool a few times this summer. And, Mimi has invited herself into their house on more than one occasion to play with Kira's toys (she has a playroom the size of ChuckE Cheese in her basement- or "bay-sum" as Mimi calls it)
The other day, I told Mimi and Kira that Kira could come over to OUR house. I said it casually and in an off-handed way, but the MINUTE Mimi woke up, she was demanding to see Kira. After I called Kira's mom to invite her daughter over, it was taking some time...(like 5 minutes!) Mimi was BESIDE herself...she was walking to the front door, looking out, crying out Kira's name : "MY KIRA!!!!" she kept saying. It was painful to watch!!!! Her little friend couldn't come over fast enough. I actually had to call her mom again and make sure they were definitely coming over, or else Mimi was going to lose her mind!
When she finally did come over (again, in like 5 minutes) Mimi was in heaven. Ben and I sat by and eavesdropped on their conversations, giggling to ourselves at the sight of Mimi having her own friend. It was really sweet.
Mimi and I have walked around our fence to their backyard to join Kira in her little pool a few times this summer. And, Mimi has invited herself into their house on more than one occasion to play with Kira's toys (she has a playroom the size of ChuckE Cheese in her basement- or "bay-sum" as Mimi calls it)
The other day, I told Mimi and Kira that Kira could come over to OUR house. I said it casually and in an off-handed way, but the MINUTE Mimi woke up, she was demanding to see Kira. After I called Kira's mom to invite her daughter over, it was taking some time...(like 5 minutes!) Mimi was BESIDE herself...she was walking to the front door, looking out, crying out Kira's name : "MY KIRA!!!!" she kept saying. It was painful to watch!!!! Her little friend couldn't come over fast enough. I actually had to call her mom again and make sure they were definitely coming over, or else Mimi was going to lose her mind!
When she finally did come over (again, in like 5 minutes) Mimi was in heaven. Ben and I sat by and eavesdropped on their conversations, giggling to ourselves at the sight of Mimi having her own friend. It was really sweet.
1 comment:
This is precious! I can totally picture how you must have felt while you were pregnant and looking at your neighbor's toddler and now you are the one with a toddler!!! Your Wisconsin trip looked so Americana. I love it! Miss you guys a million times infinity!!! Love, all of us!
Post a Comment