
We've officially entered the world of Potty Training!!! Wow. It's interesting.
I've tried hard not to hype it up too much in my head, but I definitely felt intimidated by the whole thing. With other parenting moments/challenges, I leaned on my experience from babysitting or teaching to get me through...but I've never potty trained anyone before, so I've got nothin' for this one. But, so far, so good. We're just doing what feels right at the time and giving Mims lots of naked time with her potty near. When she actually goes in it, I think we're all surprised!!!! :) She's getting pretty great at just sitting down on her potty and going!!!! Then, at that moment, the whole house explodes into the POTTY DANCE!!!! (and it's not faked, I really am bursting with disbelief and enthusiasm every time). Then she proceeds to pick some stickers out and proudly stick them on her sticker chart (I, to this day, still remember MY sticker chart..I could tell you exactly what stickers were on it. I think Mimi's is just as important to her!)
Every step is a step closer to being diaper free!!!!! We will keep you posted.
I've tried hard not to hype it up too much in my head, but I definitely felt intimidated by the whole thing. With other parenting moments/challenges, I leaned on my experience from babysitting or teaching to get me through...but I've never potty trained anyone before, so I've got nothin' for this one. But, so far, so good. We're just doing what feels right at the time and giving Mims lots of naked time with her potty near. When she actually goes in it, I think we're all surprised!!!! :) She's getting pretty great at just sitting down on her potty and going!!!! Then, at that moment, the whole house explodes into the POTTY DANCE!!!! (and it's not faked, I really am bursting with disbelief and enthusiasm every time). Then she proceeds to pick some stickers out and proudly stick them on her sticker chart (I, to this day, still remember MY sticker chart..I could tell you exactly what stickers were on it. I think Mimi's is just as important to her!)
Every step is a step closer to being diaper free!!!!! We will keep you posted.
No comments:
Post a Comment