Mims just finished her last class of swim lessons for this session. She loves the water. Ever since she was 9 months old we've done some kind of class at the Rec Center during the summer (thanks to her swim-passionate Grandpa, BT). This class was the first that I wasn't in the water with her. It was fun to play mom on the sidelines (and I even made a new friend! :)
The first day of lessons, Mimi wore her frilliest, coral bikini and had pigtails in her hair. Watching her walk away with her swim teacher and the group of kids was a special moment for sure. So far she loves being away from me and seems confident about trying new things and meeting new teachers. She also likes making friends.
Here are some photos from today:
Afterwards we always find a bench to sit on and have a snack
(I do also want to state for the record that when I pulled these shorts out of the swim bag for Mimi to change into, she informed me that they were "for boys." I had to point her attention to the pink flowers embroidered on them, and remind her that they were hand-me-downs from her GIRL cousins before she would put them on. There may have been some bribery with gummy bears as well.) It's rare for me to be able to pick out ANYTHING that she wears. It's ALWAYS a dress (and it's sometimes even the dress that she wore to bed the night before!) These are the battles I'm not willing to pick! At least she is getting good at dressing herself! :)
After swimming we went to see "Despicable Me" at the Twin Peaks mall during their $1 kids day. She really really loves that movie. It was a good day of fun things with my girl!
1 comment:
So cute! Love the pic of her and the kids lined up on the side of the pool! Isaac is about to start swim lessons for the first time! i can't wait:)
Post a Comment