We brought Bode home on Sunday, July 24, 2011.
After seeing the Carluccis, passing a baby hearing test, and getting some last minute instructions from the nurse we were able to go home!
It was a bittersweet moment. The hospital staff was so great and we loved every minute of being cared for, meals brought to us, and nothing to do but love on our little baby. Leaving the "cocoon" was hard to do. But we were anxious to get home to Mimi, who'd been such a trooper while we were gone and get our family of four together at last.
We took a quick cat nap...
...and then got dressed!
strapped into our carseat (another milestone whizzed past...I was maybe a little teary at this point. Bode had gone from being in my tummy for the last 9 months, to in clothes, in a restrictive carseat and out of the only place he'd know within a matter of minutes...there was no going back now. The way I felt, the next thing we knew he'd be moving out and going to college!!! SLOW DOWN LIFE! ;)
With boppy in hand, we were ready to conquer whatever life was going to throw at us next!
We pulled up to BT and Oma's house and were greeted by this girl!
Bode and I stayed in the car and I just heard a little voice calling "mama! mama!" She was SO openly excited. It was so sweet.
As I took a picture, Mimi decided that her purple Popsicle was also photo-worthy!
Okay, who let mom on pain-killers have the camera?!?!
Sentimental much? I had to take a picture of the time...?
...and then of course I had to take a picture of the moment I'd tried to envision for months..
TWO carseats in the backseat!
We finally got our little man home!
...and Mimi promptly made sure that he had a toy to play with!
We opened a package from a friend...
and got ANOTHER toy. Can you tell that Bode is thrilled?! ;)
(Bode got a Ralphie stuffed animal from BT's good friend Ted. The same guy who sent Mimi her first Ralphie that sleeps with and who helps us sing the CU fight song every night! Let the tradition-and CU indoctrination- continue!)
Bode got used to his new accommodations
...and heard a few stories from his big sis...
Dad gets to be home for awhile so we are enjoying LOTS of family time at home
..and I'm enjoying pulling some fun things out of Bode's closet. So far it's so hot that he's usually just in a diaper, but occasionally we put on a onesie
This is a favorite of Mimi's:
(she's standing next to her butterfly nursery...notice the chrysyli (?!) in the background? They are now BUTTERFLIES!)
Bode was struggling with high biliruben counts in his blood so we've had to take him back and get blood drawn pretty much every day. AND, he's had to spend some time on this:
Booo! But not too traumatic. He mostly just sleeps on it.
We love being at home all together!
(pictures of some of our fun visitors soon...)



No comments:
Post a Comment