Thursday, July 28, 2011

Bode's Birthday!

Bode came via scheduled C-Section on Thursday, July 21st. 


Ben and I got up bright and early (after I slept for maybe two hours consecutively!) and drove to the hospital, full of anticipation! What a different experience then when we had Mimi!




It was all so peaceful. Ben and I got into the hospital and they hooked me up to monitors so we could hear baby. Our soundtrack to the morning was Bode's strong heartbeat...I loved every minute.


Then Nana showed up!


Scrubs and hairnets were put on...and away we went!

I was so much more "with it" this time around so everything seemed to take forever. But before long I hear my doctor say, "Now we're getting to the baby layer!" While a CD of songs we brought played in the background, I started to cry in anticipation of hearing my baby boy's cry...

It took A LOT of tugs and pulls to get my big guy out, but finally I heard him. It was the best sound in the world!!!!!







Bode was finally here!!!!!

I was able to snuggle with him for a good few minutes and talk to him before they whisked him away. What I love most is the memory of how when pressed up against my face, he stopped crying because he knew his mama was close. 

I was able to feed him right away but was SUPER out of it after that. I was itchy, sweaty, shakey...a trifecta of wonderfulness ;) It took all day to finally wake up and feel better. During that time our family came and met Mr. Bode in the waiting room by my room:










(and of course, Popee was there with his camera!)












Once all the family had seen him outside of the room, Mimi came in to meet her brother for the first time!









Each day I felt a little bit better. Our visitors were mostly family (who didn't care if I didn't get out of bed or didn't really talk to them! Let's face it, everyone just cares about seeing the baby anyways!)


We got to see Mims every day twice a day. It was good. She was such a trooper leaving us in the hospital. She had lots of fun in the days with BT and Oma and at night with Nana. 


Grandparents ROCK!







Bode even had a BIRTHDAY cake! Thanks to Rodger :) It was enjoyed by all!






Aunt Kate came bearing presents for Mims and Bode


And we were so lucky to have Laura, our good family friend/family in town from Indiana for Bode's birth!


BT, admiring the Turrill who will carry on the family name..


Bode loves his sister. He always quieted down when she held him. He probably recognized her voice the best out of EVERYONE'S!





Showered with cute presents...this bear is from Nana and Rodger from Mama's favorite store Cozy Cottage...I think I am in love with it more than anyone..






On our last day, Ash, Brandon and Isla came! YAY!

Look at this CUTE girl!!!!



We love you Bode! 






...up next: Heading home!!! :)


3 comments:

John & Brittnie said...

Oh my goodness!!! He is SO precious and Mimi looks like such an amazing big sister! Can't wait to see you guys and meet that handsome lil guy! xoxox

The Larsons said...

absolutely in love with all of this pictures! SO happy for you guys!!

Caldwell Family said...

What a beautiful beautiful boy! I was just crying looking at these. Its so wonderful the first time you meet your little boy and all the pics reminded me of my first glimpses of my baby in the O.R.:) I don't think you could have picked out better music playing to look at these pics with! You have a gorgeous family!!!