Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Our Weekend


Actually this post is a few weekends in one.

Big news! Boulder got a Dunkin' Donuts!
We stopped in before church.
I couldn't stop giggling and smiling...how embarrassing ;)




Then we got to see our sweet friend Emma at church. These girls were too cute and too matchy to not take a picture :)





Potty training is...well...potty training. And a dog and a boy at the same time?!?! Yikes.

This box should hold them in:





Bode likes Mimi's tap shoes...


Now that the weather is getting nicer, there's been a lot more "dog and kid outside time." I love it. Then I remember why we got the dog. And I'm happy.



You gotta love a friend who will put this disclaimer on your CD she burned :)

(But of course I put it in thinking I'd hear crazy hardcore rap...and I was struggling to find the inappropriate.. ;) Maybe a little Nikki Monaj..? LOVED it.

Play date twins!!!!

She looked SO cute with hair curled!!!
I'm sure that some moms would do this every day.
But I'm not willing to pay the price of her miserableness. I like her quirky style. As long as she'll let me make her fancy once in awhile ;)



 More dog play...

And more fabulous outfits by Mimi:





If you look closely, you'll see that Mimi is wearing my mom's old badge.

***

I was sick over the weekend and Winnie was a good snuggle partner...
Look at that face!


 The other night someone paid for our meal at Chick Fil A. What an amazing surprise! It was because the person in front of THEM paid for their meal. So we kept it going and got excited about people being sweet to people. I was inspired to do that somewhere else again and hopefully cause a ripple effect.


Then these kids teamed up and started spying on me:



GOSH, good thing they have hats and glasses...I barely recognized them! ;)

Then Saturday night we got to go to an amazing retirement party over the Rio in Ft. Fun. 
Great food, drinks/people.

The person retiring was actually the CFO of the Rio...and man. They sent him off in style!
(it was Ben's good friend Rusty's dad)










Then Sunday the boys went and played golf!!!!
Bode had been talking about it for weeks...












 While the boys golfed, Mimi and I decided to try our her new "tagalong" bike and go see them. Pretty ambitious for a rusty/apprehensive bike rider and a newbie...


Mimi did great. I tried to hide my fear and panic every time she shifted her weight and tilted both of us sideways and I lost control of my bike.

Did I also mention I was carrying lots of stuff?
(that in the end we didn't even need...hence the face ;)



By a lucky turn of events, Bode ended up going home at the turn and we took my cousin's GIGANTIC truck home (bikes in back) instead of riding home. Fine by me!



(yes, I made a collage. No one was there to see me driving a diesel monster truck and I had to commemorate it).

Thanks for reading my lazy, unimaginative recap. ;)

No comments: