Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Enter 'Princess Obsession' Stage Left...





For Mimi's birthday I had searched out some Disney Princess costumes on craigslist (and traded calls and emails with a stranger for a week, drove to an abandoned house in Denver with 20 minutes notice to get them, etc...but that's a whole different story! ) and I had been waiting to give it to her for at least two months. In the meantime, I found a fun mirror to repaint, hung some cute hooks, and TA-DAH! created a dress up corner to house all of her costumes!








On her birthday morning, she finally opened up the box. It was great. Up until this point she had just been wearing her little pink tutu and butterfly wings everywhere. Since her birthday, her dress up repertoire has really stepped up; now we change costumes AT LEAST one every ten minutes! I consider all of this princess hullabaloo just another chapter in her "disneyification" before our Disney trip coming up in October. I mean how awesome is Cinderella's castle to a little girl when you already know and love her and dress up as her everyday?!



2 comments:

Ashley said...

i have been waiting for this post...more dress up pics please. :)

John & Brittnie said...

OMG I miss this little girl! Taylor is in the same stage. She's had a princess outfit with tutu for awhile and just got a Dora costume (her fav!) for her bday! FUN girls! Miss you guys! Let's catch up soon! xoxo