Since Mimi changes literally every day, I have to write down some of our recent developments so I don't forget!
My cooking Tinkerbell
(that's Mimi as Rapunzel at the Isenburgs)
That's Mimi wearing a shirt of mine when I was little with my picture on it!
I just am mostly loving her little imagination these days!
Tonight I came into the living room to overhear Mimi talking with her sock on her hand, that she had named "Darby." She put on a whole puppet show for herself; just her and her puppet Darby!
My cooking Tinkerbell
(that's Mimi as Rapunzel at the Isenburgs)
That's Mimi wearing a shirt of mine when I was little with my picture on it!
I just am mostly loving her little imagination these days!
Tonight I came into the living room to overhear Mimi talking with her sock on her hand, that she had named "Darby." She put on a whole puppet show for herself; just her and her puppet Darby!
My favorite part of the night is eavesdropping on the high drama that goes down in the bathtub between all of Mimi's princess dolls. She has them all acting and talking and being friends. About a million times in a bath session I will hear her cry "mama! mama!" and it takes me a second to realize that it's her dolls calling for their mama.
I also do love hearing her process her life through those dolls. So far, they only seem nice to each other and the mom is sweet, so she hasn't seemed to internalize pregnant "grumpy mom" yet ;)
I also do love hearing her process her life through those dolls. So far, they only seem nice to each other and the mom is sweet, so she hasn't seemed to internalize pregnant "grumpy mom" yet ;)
Today, after she got a new Rapunzel doll from "Tangled" (as a reward for a big potty moment!) she informed me that the doll actually used to be her Grandma's when she was a little girl and now it was hers. It took awhile to piece this one together, but lately we've played with a Christmas ornament that was her Grandma Mimi's and now I've overheard her talking about things that used to be her Grandma's. Even though it was comical that this singing Rupunzel doll "used to be her Grandma's when she was little," it was really sweet to see that her Grandma Mimi is on her mind because we try hard to keep her memory alive in our house.
Mimi continues to love BSF. I love overhearing songs she sings or verses she learns; it's just the sweetest thing ever. So today I overheard her singing a song...it went something like this:
"Do not be afraaaaaid. Do not be afraaaaaaid...do not be afraid....you better watch out...
(at this point I'm on the edge of my seat waiting to hear what she says next)
..." because, SANTA CLAUS IS COMING TO TOWN, SANTA CLAUS IS COMING TO TOWN..."
(I guess that she morphed a few things. Kinda like when I asked her today what she learned in BSF and she said she learned about God. When I asked her what she learned about God she said, Ring Around the Rosie and the Jack-in-the-box song...it does all get confusing, doesn't it?! ;)
Mimi continues to love BSF. I love overhearing songs she sings or verses she learns; it's just the sweetest thing ever. So today I overheard her singing a song...it went something like this:
"Do not be afraaaaaid. Do not be afraaaaaaid...do not be afraid....you better watch out...
(at this point I'm on the edge of my seat waiting to hear what she says next)
..." because, SANTA CLAUS IS COMING TO TOWN, SANTA CLAUS IS COMING TO TOWN..."
(I guess that she morphed a few things. Kinda like when I asked her today what she learned in BSF and she said she learned about God. When I asked her what she learned about God she said, Ring Around the Rosie and the Jack-in-the-box song...it does all get confusing, doesn't it?! ;)




3 comments:
Out of the mouth of babes . I could listen to little people talk all day .
So cute! I love that she gets fed at BSF too!
cutest. picture. ever. (the one of her with your old shirt on).
Post a Comment