...This is a VERY happy day indeed!!!! (Besides it being our dear Nana's birthday...Happy Birthday Nana! We love you!), we also got to SEE our little munchkin at our doctor's appointment today!
It sure didn't start out as a happy day though. We had some anxiety over the appointment, just the normal "are we going to hear anything happening in my tummy" fear. So, with some excitement and some trepidation we marched into the doc's office (Ben, Mimi and I). We kept telling Mims that she'd get to hear the baby's heartbeat. She was pretty stoked...and so were we. I reclined on the table and the doc got out her handy dandy Doppler/microphone thing and proceeded to try and find baby's heart. Of course those minutes feel like HOURS as she scans and scans. We had been praying all morning and the night before, so I tried to remember that God was in control.
There was nothing.
She kept searching and searching as my eyes met Ben's across the room. I think we both thought, "there's no way that this fear could be playing out right now," but it was.
The doc finally decided to stop torturing us and went to get the ultrasound machine. There was more scanning on top of my stomach and more concerned looks and silence from the doctor. Until FINALLY, she pointing the screen to us and said, "okay, here's baby..." (and then I don't remember anything else). All I could concentrate on was this little love that actually LOOKS like a baby now, with a round little head, a reclining spine and the wiggliest movements I've ever seen. I had to make sure to ask the doctor about the heart, and she pointed out the sweet beating heart that had been eluding us moments before.
We watched our baby and laughed (and cried) and scolded he/she a little too. What a stinker!!!!! How dare they be so rascally at such an important time!? My theory is that this baby likes the screen time. We've now had THREE ultrasounds with them, compared to the usual ONE that is expected. Of course, that's a major blessing and we don't really mind a bit. Actually, as I write this, it's suddenly occurring to me that maybe we've gotten to have so many ultrasounds because God knows me so well and knows that's what I've needed-to SEE this baby and have some peace about the goings on inside of me. Thank you Lord. We cannot say that enough...THANK YOU.
I feel so thankful that I know that we have a God who loves us dearly and cares about the details of our life. How nice to say thank you, and know intimately WHO we are thanking, instead of sending it up, blankly into the sky.
What a great, rollercoaster of a day.
The other best part of today is that we've already scheduled the anatomy ultrasound for my 30th birthday!!!! It just ended up happening that way. We can't wait!


2 comments:
tears.
What a rush of complete joy you must have felt. :) So happy for you!
love the pic too.
Post a Comment