Wednesday, April 20, 2011

(pre) Easter


Here was our "pre-easter weekend" fun...
(like a "pre-party" in college but with more eggs and a cute girl in an easter dress, less drinks mixed with jello or in a bathtub..;)


Here's my Easter MOVIE STAR:


 (I mean what goes better with an Easter dress than purple star glasses?!)




Ben and Mimi 
xoxo


Then, on Monday,  Gentry came over to dye easter eggs with us!








(contrary to their faces...I think that they were really having fun. But come on, dying easter eggs is SERIOUS business)


The "Minnie Egg"


 And the "Gentleman Egg"
(Gent asked for Spidey, but I knew I couldn't pull that one off!)


The Gentleman Egg was giving a speech..




A truly telling picture of Mimi adoring Gentry xo
Cute kids!!!

****

Amidst the eggs and chocolate, Mimi and I have been talking about the TRUE meaning of Easter. She is at such a fun age where everything is new and exciting! I like teaching her about the bible (with the help of all of the great teaching she gets at BSF and Sunday School. Speaking of that, I wish you could've seen her retelling with SUCH emotion the story of the woman using her tears to wipe Jesus' feet, or how sad Peter was when the soldiers took Jesus away). 

Her bible has a picture of Jesus' cartoon feet on the cross and she always notices how he has lots of "owies" (she can relate..you've seen her obsession with bandaids and her own wounds). I hope someday that she will feel the indescribable joy on Easter morning during a worship service at church when the congregation declares "He is RISEN!" The sheer historical fact that our whole faith sits on. I hope that Easter to her is a full holiday....full of fun, family picnics, fun baskets and chocolate, but also the knowledge that she carries in her very being that Jesus died and rose again for her. That built into our fabric makes for a much more rich celebration!


I'm hoping to make "Easter Buns" with her sometime this week (it's a fun recipe that a friend from my summer project in college posted on facebook...) Basically you illustrate the main idea of Easter through grands biscuits and a marshmallow...who knew that church could happen in the dairy section of the grocery store!?! ;) I will let you know how it goes.

No comments: