Tuesday, May 3, 2011

A FUN To Do List!


Blogs are so fun to get ideas from. However yesterday my friend Julie and I were talking about how the blog world can really make you feel like a slacker. I used to feel like a semi-creative person until I started reading people's blogs. Now, it seems that every stay-at-home mom   upholsters her own chairs and "pounds out metal necklaces with her child's name on it" (to quote my friend ;) in their spare time. Whatever happened to the scrapbook paper and glue stick crafts?! (about where my capabilities end ).

BUT, I did find this fun craft that seemed right up my alley:


It's a Summer To Do list. 
from a girl named jen's blog  (who I found off of this blog: eighteen25)


I've been making lists like this for awhile:


exhibit a. 
A list that Ash and I made in high school. 
(Please notice that one of the "to dos" is to meet someone tall dark and handsome...)


SOOO...I wanted to tackle a fun Summer To Do list for our family! Considering that we have May and June (and let's face the facts, most of July) until baby comes, I want to make the most of our adventures this summer.

Here's my own verson. No power tools required.







So there you have it. Our "busy having fun" summer list.


(Now, after everything I just said in the beginning of this blog, this is not to try and seem like a SUPER BLOG MOM! I mean, come on. It's just glue stick and paper. I just had to share because anything with polka dots and gingham ribbon is so wonderfully delicious looking to me and I had to show someone! Goodness knows I don't think anyone else in my house has even noticed it! ;) Yay for May and yay for kicking off summer soon...

1 comment:

Ashley said...

how fun!!!!! tall dark and handsome...check!