Yesterday Mimi and I went to some friends "pirate party" to celebrate Analucia and Rafael's birthdays. Mimi's very favorite pirate was there:
GENTRY!
Thanks to the Swansons, they turned Tink into a pirate in no time...
It was a "pirate intervention!"
Also, Mimi's OTHER bestie friend Mikaela was there!!!
Adorable cupcakes by Brianne, cute favors and everyone dressed up like pirates! It was so fun :)
Here's the always tried, always unsuccessful (but cute!) line up of the kids:
...and the "big girl" pirates too!
We made sure to get home and rest because last night was
PROM!!!!!
Most people probably know that my little half-sister Payton is living with us. She is a senior in high school and has been with us since September. It's been a crazy experience for her and us...at times harder but also more wonderful and impactful than anyone could've every imagined. All I know is that it was totally orchestrated by God and no one could've predicted the last 8 months. God has used the situation in so many ways. Now we're getting ready to see her off to college in the fall.
We were excited to get her ready for her Senior prom!
I tried to be a "hair girl" and help with her updo...
(thanks youtube!)
We are so excited to see where life will take her :)
(I was sort of vicariously living through her after she left. I ran errands in my own car with no Mimi later that night listening to dance music and wishing that I could go to prom as an adult, not as a self-concious high schooler! I think it'd be way more fun now)
Dad "popee" stopped by too for the "getting ready" and picture-taking festivities. Mimi loves her Popee.





No comments:
Post a Comment