I'm sure that most people would agree that people who have small children at home don't seem in a prime phase to pick up hobbies. It's just enough to shower most days and get to the grocery store (it usually takes me a good two to three days of intending to go grocery shopping to finally get there).
Okay.
But I still want to accomplish some stuff. Maybe I'm striving in a vain, like that poor little hamster on the exercise wheel...running harder and harder, but still never getting anywhere. But I have a sewing machine sitting on my dining room table and a photoshop program on my computer, and they're both just sitting there...taunting me. I wish I could just sit down in a stolen few minutes and edit my pictures, or sew some pillows. I mean, really? How hard can it be?
But instead my sewing machine just sits there with delicious stripped fabric next to it, and I sit with photoshop for twenty minutes and just end up almost in tears. These things take TIME to learn. And I don't have that time.
So do I give up? Or just keep making lists about how I am going to learn or practice or watch tutorials? How much is too much?
This may be the season of mediocrity. I may not have the best decorated living room, or most organized closets. And I may not have beautifully edited pictures, or hand sewn pillows. I guess that's okay. But I do relish in creative projects, and I really think creating makes me come alive and breaks up the mundane. So I will continue to find the balance (and maybe read up on photoshop instead of watching "Married to Jonas.") and will hopefully find a middle ground and give myself grace.
In the meantime, all help or tips about either of my pursuits are welcome :)
****
(I'm also wading my way out of our millions of vacation pictures that I'm DYING to share. Soon!)
2 comments:
I am right there with ya girl, its especially hard when you have a 45 minute napper lol. The thing that helped me most with photoshop was using actions. You pretty much just hit play and adjust here and there. You will find a bunch if you just google free photoshop actions, florabella has some of the best if you want to pay. Hope that helps a lil. Was so great visiting with you guys when you were down looking forward to your vacation posts xoxo
Nik
hahaha...i'm cracking up because i think we have alot in common and then i read about your desires to photoshop and sew pillows and remember how crafty you are and how much i'm not!!! with my free time i day dream about pedicures or shopping not so much improving myself:) i do so feel you about organizing pictures though and doing something with them. i am so behind that i now i am paralyzed and am not making any moves because the task at hand is so large. SO hence the reason i am leaving a ridiculously long message on your blog and avoiding my to do list! sorry, no adive.
Post a Comment