Last week Bode and I visited my Grandpa Skippy.
I've pretty much stopped watching Levi (inquire within), so the days that Mimi is in preschool have been extra sweet; I don't get much one on one time with this little guy, so we have fun together.
On this particular day I needed to return some pictures to my Grandpa (and deliver some food :) He ended up helping me pack a box I needed to get shipped too! Thanks Grandpa! It was fun to watch Bode with Great Grandpa Skip.
Within five seconds flat, Bode had the T.V. turned on to People's Court. Classic.
That is the same table that I used to eat Raisin Bran on with my Grandma and Grandpa when I'd spend the night with them. The poetic moment of having my baby toddling around that same table wasn't lost on me.
THIS is what I was shipping...from my etsy shop!
(no, I don't make anything cool. I was just trying to sell some older "vintage" things from our house! But I did feel very official shipping this window for my first SALE!)
It was going to cost me an astronomical amount to ship that bad boy, so Grandpa and I packed it ourselves (with a box from a friend). It was perfect!
And Grandpa taught me a useful lesson...always go to the UPS direct site, not the post office. It was amazingly easy and cheap! I dread visits to the post office with every fiber in my being. Hopefully now I've got a new solution.
Grandpa worked, while Bode explored outside:
My Grandma's name was Bunny... we miss her every day. The house isn't quite the same without her.
After a nice visit, Bode and I headed out. That is until I realized that he needed a diaper change. So I set up shop in the front lawn to remedy the situation and quickly realized that it was a blow out. Why do those only happen when you're out and about!?!?! So after having to fully strip this child (and use countless trash bags to contain the mess) Bode proceeded to streak Grandpa's front lawn. I'm guessing (or hoping) that's probably not a regular occurrence. Never a dull moment, that's for sure. I'm sure that Grandpa needed a nap after our visit.
****



No comments:
Post a Comment