This is a perfect snapshot of Mimi: her amber eyes and chestnut hair in the sun...and her puffy pink coat :) With that light, I coudn't resist snapping this.
****
I took this picture on our way home from THE MOST AMAZING breakfast at Snooze. We drove to Ft. Collins (read: 35 to 40 minutes away) for breakfast on Saturday morning. Ben wasn't working and I think I was starving for rich food and quality family time. It was just what the doctor ordered!
"coffee and donuts" pancakes!!!!! Whaaat? Does it get much better? Oh yes, it does. Because they can make them gluten free! READ: HEAVEN! I ordered that and an eggs benedict..and a never-ending cup of coffee.
okay, not to be totally vain, but WHHHHHEEERRRE did those lines under my eyes come from?!?!?! I've had funny realizations about being a "30 something" recently; Not bad, just interesting things. Not that I think 30 is in any way "old," it's just funny things happened between 30 and 31...maybe spurred on by going from one to two kids?!?!...anyways, about the lines: I was given a sample of some eye cream (a sample of this stuff was all I could afford! Plus, you always wonder if that stuff really works. Well, it did. And then the itty bitty sample ran out. Time to find something to sell on craigslist to buy more.. ;)
Here's more random things:
I love dressing this little guy like a BOY. So fun.
I like the blurry pictures the best. They capture reality best. We just set up our outside tramp INSIDE in our basement. And this boy on the move couldn't be happier.
****
this girl is still LOVING animals. She talks about her future dog all the time (we said she could get a dog when she's six. For now she has several imaginary ones who go everywhere with us.) Then we recently discovered that Bode breaks out in hives when he's licked by a dog. Not sure what that means, but may not be good for a future canine friend. BUT, she saw the cute bunny from the Clothes Pony in the window in Ft. Collins and is now obsessed with that. It may be more feasible than a dog?!?! I think I'll go with that instead... ;)
This is our latest park trip. Even though we've only had snow for a month or so, we're getting cabin fever. So after a particularly hard day, the kids and I went to the park, at Ben's suggestion. The ground was covered with snow and we were the only ones there...but it was GREAT.
Mimi is SUCH a sweet big sister.
Bode only chooses the tallest slide to go down...
And speaking of Bode, he is back to himself! He's back to running around and carrying golf clubs everywhere he goes. He's been back to his normal sleeping routine and is eating a ton...all good things!
He had mastered saying the word "no" recently, then conquered "yeah." (only reserved as an answer for questions like, "Bode, do you want a marshmallow?" The answer to everything else is usually "no"). But lately we've heard a new word that makes me giggle like a school girl...it's "Yes." But when he says it, he has a little lisp at the end, like the beaver in Lady and the Tramp or groundhog in Winnie the Pooh. It's the best. Here's a video:
Okay there's a random recap. January is just blah. So expect more random rambling posts soon.








No comments:
Post a Comment