MAY! Am I right? This month life moves from a predictable canter to a breakneck speed with summer vacation as the medal at the end of the race. It's easy to give all you've got when you know the end is in sight. But. Wow. So.much.to.do. Teacher presents, spirit week (for both kids), preschool end of year celebrations, softball, t-ball, dance...it's enough to make a mama go to Starbucks TWO times a day.
Last night (Sunday) I found myself nervously pacing around our house and felt like a runner before a race. You know the gun's about to go off (Monday morning) but there's nothing you can do in this moment to increase your chances of succeeding in your race. So you pace. You shake your legs out. You stretch your arms. You reach down to re-tie your shoes one more time. And that was me. I wrote down all the kids activities in our calendar. I made post-it notes for each kid. I put clothes away, wrote in homework folders, drank lots of water (everyone knows you have to hydrate before a big race). I was trying to do ANYTHING I could to help my chances of Monday not eating me up. I want to OWN this week...nothing will slip through the cracks! I will NOT be the mom who forgot to make cookies for the 2nd grade celebration...(again). I will NOT be driving Bode to school only to remember that it was P.J. day (the day Bode asks for EVERY DAY). Let's hope.
Runners....take your marks...
No comments:
Post a Comment