Tuesday, March 8, 2011

BELLY


Here's a pic of the view from "up here"...



(didn't quite turn out as I hoped and I'm too lazy to switch lenses, but you get the idea!)


At different parts of the pregnancy I've taken note (usually in the shower) of what my "birds eye" perspective was. Somewhere in the first trimester I remember my knees disappearing. Then a few weeks later, it was the ankles. Now, when I'm just standing and looking down I can see to about the middle of my feet. Seriously, not that you care, but just fun to track progress! ;)


As I was sitting at the computer today, I just felt an overwhelming love for this belly (and of course for what's inside!). I wanted to do an "ode to belly" post. (and I didn't have my trusty photographer at my side!)


I really do love it. It just feels so perfectly round and situated nicely in the front. I can love it now, knowing full well what's in store (bumping into tables, feeling off balance and anchored down when I try to get out of bed, and don't even get me started about how hard getting out of the car gets!). But right now it's sweet. It's round. It fits nicely under shirts. 

And best of all, it's holding a small "banana-sized" baby who I can feel tumbling and turning around inside and who is making their next ultrasound appearance in THREE DAYS!!!!
(They also cooperated and moved at just the right time on Sunday so that Ben could feel him/her kick...very special xo)
He/She is actually doing somersaults as I type :)




1 comment:

Caldwell Family said...

Yay for new Baby T! I can't wait to hear who is in that cute belly!!! Happy 30th Birthday tomorrow!!!