Wednesday, March 23, 2011

SPRING BREAK!

The Turrills are on Spring Break!!!! :) As Mimi and I (and kicking baby!) sit in our hotel room waiting for Ben to get back from playing golf, I realized something...

Blogging helps me 'use all of my words' (the expression Ben affectionately uses to explain a girl's need to talk more than boys). So since Ben is gone this morning I feel an urge to share!

First, I got a call from Chipoltle yesterday that I won a contest!!!!!!!!! I entered by texting something while I was waiting in line one day (it was a promotion for America's Next Great Restaurant). It was nationwide and they picked 1,000 people to win a 10 person viewing party of the show with free food!! Isn't that amazing!?!? We had a get together planned with some couple friends so maybe we will use it for that..we will see! It's hard to limit it to 10! I just had to share.

Second, we are in Arizona! Ben and I wanted a low key spring trip for our little family of 3; like a last hurrah for this little family as we know it. We planned to go to New Mexico (sante fe) until we realized that it was cold there and small, with not much for kids to do. So, we passed on through Sante Fe and kept driving to Tempe. I know most moms are going to think I'm nuts, but my faorite part has been the driving. Mimi did SOOOO well (with the help of several electronic devices and snacks). I just loved all the time with all of us together. It has been a sweet memory for me. (I've learned over the last year that my 'love language' is quality time, so I'm sure that has lots to do with it). We have a GREAT hotel room, have eaten In-And-Out, walked under palm trees at ASU, been in the pool and have seen a baseball game. Now, as I mentioned, Ben is golfing. :)

pictures to come soon! Thank you LORD for blessing our time together so far!

1 comment:

Caldwell Family said...

yay for vacation! you are the queen of winning contests! how fun!!!