So, we have two cats. I really don't want to be a two cat house any more. Yes, I adopted two cats. And no, I won't abandon Lucy (the cat we've been trying to give away), but I know she'd be better suited for a different kind of house. (She would prefer someone who WOULD like to snuggle with her at naptime, and doesn't push her away because they can't have another living thing hanging on them). She also has taken to diving under Mimi's crib at naptime and not revealing herself until she wakes Mimi up, mid-nap-a capital offense in our house. She just makes me feel overwhelmed with all that we have going on. And, I'm trying to save her from my post-pardum self (the one who would've gladly fed our cats to the coyotes!!!!) Plus, when you have two cats, you're a "cat house" and that's the kind of label I'd prefer not to have. So there. If you know of a sweet, crib-less house that would love a new addition...inquire within.
But enough about that.
The more I fall out of love with our dear Lucy, the more IN LOVE I fall with Henry. He's kind of our perfect cat. He isn't very needy and seems to be okay to do his thing (and not require too much attention). He also is generally interested in playing with Mimi and tolerates her following him around, doesn't mind when she lays her toys all over him and pets him (probably a bit too rough) and just acts more like a dog/cat mix than cat.
Here's another example of one of his great tricks:
But enough about that.
The more I fall out of love with our dear Lucy, the more IN LOVE I fall with Henry. He's kind of our perfect cat. He isn't very needy and seems to be okay to do his thing (and not require too much attention). He also is generally interested in playing with Mimi and tolerates her following him around, doesn't mind when she lays her toys all over him and pets him (probably a bit too rough) and just acts more like a dog/cat mix than cat.
Here's another example of one of his great tricks:
2 comments:
Henry's a good kitty :) Smart too! I have never seen a cat do that before !!
this dog-lover is officially impressed.
Post a Comment