Currently I'm laying on the floor of our (almost) empty bedroom, where our computer now exists, using a flattened cardboard box for a mouse pad.
There's more boxes to be filled (and labeled "Random" like the other 50,000 I've labeled so far), there's a shower to be scrubbed, and a garage to be swept. (As well as a baby to be soothed...Bode is getting his front two teeth-they're literally partially exposed and just TORTURING him). So, why wouldn't I be blogging?!
Here's some pictures from our last days in our house...
(side note: I just read this quote somewhere and it's stuck with me. I think it hit a little close to home. I do feel a compulsion to write down everything. I'd be embarrassed to tell how many different forms of recording/journaling I have...
Keepers of private notebooks are a different breed altogether,
lonely and resistant rearrangers of things, anxious malcontents, children
afflicted apparently at birth with some presentiment of loss.”
Oh well. Apparently I'm a malcontent and have experienced loss, so I feel the need to record everything. But, it could be worse. I could be a drug addict or addicted to Pinterest.
*****
So, it's from that compulsive need that I will mark these silly last days in our little home before we're onto the next adventure!
(I'm fully aware that this is starting to look like an ad for PODS)
Even though I'd gotten Mimi a special movie to watch while the guys worked, she was too excited to be away from the action. She was WOUND UP! When I'd ask her if she was ready to watch her movie, she'd say "In a minute mom. I just have to carry some stuff."
The next morning, I heard her struggling on the stairs and came over to find her carrying Bode's music table.
We've also had help from sweet Popee, who's always ready to pull his pickup truck up to the porch and get right to work...
Fun "campout" mentality with the mattress downstairs...
cleaning the bathrooms one final time...
(then forbidding anyone else to go in)
My little cleaning partner...
The only way I can get anything done...
(Poor buddy...can you see his misery! Four teeth at once = no fun )
Goodbye house!
This is how we started :)
This is how we leave...
******





1 comment:
Ok, so I have several random thoughts on this post:
1) There is a guy with a really cute rear-end in that first POD picture. :)
2) I like how you have "Mimi" on your list of things to clean. I'm sure you meant her room, but it made me laugh reading it like you didn't want to forget to give her a bath (after all moving can be a bit crazy and to be honest there are times that I don't give Sydney a bath for over a week in just normal life, so I totally understand...don't judge me. HA)
3) I LOVE your cute little pre kid picture from when you moved into your house. And I LOVE that you're cute little munchinks are in the farewell picture. It's amazing how much life can change in a few years.
4) I CAN NOT WAIT to see your new house. SO EXCITING!!!!
5) I feel like it's been forever since I've seen you. Way too long my friend. Miss your face. :)
Ok, that's all my randomness.
Post a Comment