Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Seattle!

We just got back from THE MOST ENJOYABLE trip to Seattle to visit our dear friends The Chavezes.  Chavezs? Chavez's..? (*that was for you julie ;) EVER!




 I really didn't think that a trip could be so fun with two small children in tow, while staying at someone's house. There's just so much that can go so wrong. But, thanks to first God for making it impossibly seamless (I prayed a lot), and second to our marvelous hosts Mando and Julie, it was seriously amazing and sweet. I really can't say thank you enough. We were so extremely comfortable, our kids were extremely comfortable (maybe too much so?!;) and it was just all around the most fun we've had in a long time. Thanks friends. xoxo


Here's some pictures to remember all the fabulousness by..



















(that is the laser beam look I got from Bode the WHOLE car ride to Mando and Julie's. I think he was a) wondering why I was sitting next to him in the car and b) wondering what form of transportation he was in at the time, after car rides, a parking lot shuttle, airport trains, an airplane and then a car again)


These kiddos were so sweet with each other. I think all of their personalities blended perfectly together. Mimi was in love with both Eli and Nolan. She literally skipped out of bed and down the stairs every morning, anxious to be with her buds.

The boys and "Lil' Mimi"








We had some great adventures...

Children's Museum




The menfolk, in a mean game of "Connect Four," trying to fight the urge to curl up in the fetal position..(Children's Museums may not have been their first choice. Although Ben did give it a hearty thumbs up, as Children's Museums go..)

In this one I asked Mimi if I could take her picture. She said no. I did it anyway..
Great parenting.
I included it for Julie's fun tangerine purse and great hair ;)








The amazing stage..Mimi was watching herself on the TV that was above her. 
There was a spot for kids to operate the lights/sound effects...even a ticket booth.
Genius.


Mimi's favorite part...doing Mom's hair in the barber chair.


Turrill/Chavez
Merry Christmas!
2013
(It's just too pretty a picture to not consider a joint Christmas card...)


 A beautiful reminder that we're in a coastal place. Love it when the water just peeks out from between buildings.

Mimi loved the wetness. 
No shortage of beautiful flowers 
(and GIGANTIC daffodils) at every turn!

Walking...




Look at these vivid colors...the rain makes everything so lush. 
And look! It was even sunny!

(how Ben feels about me trying to stage a picture of him looking off into the trees on the side of the road...)




("Hey Beeen. Whatcha got there?"- Eli's quote of the trip...Ben likes to remember it).



Bode, trying to cozy up to Mando so he could get Mando's Nana's green chile recipe...






Grown ups night out at Toulouse Petit


****

This is how Mimi spent most mornings...considering we already have early risers AND we were an hour behind our regular time..
Thank goodness for good Seattle coffee and low-key hosts that let us make ourselves at home.




SUSHI

I'm not kidding. Everything tastes better in the Northwest (or at least in Seattle). Granted, my opinion is probably skewed because Mando and Julie have impeccable taste, but the milk was magnificent, oysters were outrageous and the sushi was scrumptious. Everything is just fresh and accessible. These are now three foods I can probably never eat again unless I'm in Seattle.


(The donuts and burgers were amazing too, but I probably won't be able to stay away from those here.)

Our last yummy stop before heading home on the plane to CO...








Ben, cheers-ing a great trip..



(gigantic daffodil)


Then back to the plane...



Doesn't he look like he should be bumped up to Business Class?!

Sweet girl Mimi was an amazing plane traveler. It was such a difference from her last plane trip at 2 years old. I had methodically stuffed her backpack full of fun distractions (because last trip that saved our life!) but this time she was just so self-sufficient and had no trouble entertaining her self. It was pretty amazing and I was grateful for her! 


Bode didn't do too shabby, but he was definitely more "all hands on deck." 
(but, he does have the benefit of more relaxed "we've been here before" parents, so I have a feeling that comes into play as well.)




Thanks Mando, Julie, Nolan and Eli for your hospitality and for showing us a great time!!

Love you guys!!!


(most anti-climatic video ever...I always get gushy after accomplishing a flight with kids. And Mimi was too cute in her backpack ;)

2 comments:

Ashley said...

when did mimi become a grown up girl???

The Larsons said...

seriously, Mimi looks so grown up!!