A makeshift desk chair has been found, Ben and I have done our duty of a good hour and half of unpacking after the kids have gone to bed...so it's time to post some pictures!!!!!
As you know, we closed on our house on the 20th, and didn't move into our new house until this past Saturday. So where have we been you may ask?
Well, we actually stayed at a crazy cool resort, with some amazing amenities.
For starters, there were BUILT IN NANNIES! (one was actually a "manny")
(this is Mimi picking out her imaginary chihuahua for winning an imaginary race in her imaginary school, while I was her imaginary teacher. Imaginary is sort of her thing lately)
These kiddos have really started to play together and it's my favorite thing ever.
Just down the road from this resort was a beautiful lake. Perfect for Saturday afternoon family time in the sun!
There was even "arts and crafts" time at this place! Mimi learned how to sew (or at least watch it happen 'cause heaven knows I'm not a sewing goddess).
As you know, we closed on our house on the 20th, and didn't move into our new house until this past Saturday. So where have we been you may ask?
Well, we actually stayed at a crazy cool resort, with some amazing amenities.
For starters, there were BUILT IN NANNIES! (one was actually a "manny")
There was a hot tub, which the Turrills frequented often...
A basketball court where we sharpened our bball skillz
(this is Mimi picking out her imaginary chihuahua for winning an imaginary race in her imaginary school, while I was her imaginary teacher. Imaginary is sort of her thing lately)
These kiddos have really started to play together and it's my favorite thing ever.
Oh. And this "resort" had a built in petting zoo..with Mimi's favorite animals...DOGS! Two of them actually...(with a guest third dog)
Peyton, the "chiweenie"
(chihuahua + weener dog= Mimi's perfect creature)
Just down the road from this resort was a beautiful lake. Perfect for Saturday afternoon family time in the sun!
There was even "arts and crafts" time at this place! Mimi learned how to sew (or at least watch it happen 'cause heaven knows I'm not a sewing goddess).
Okay. Joke's up. Did you guess ;)
We were at Nana and Gpa Rodger's house!!! It was pretty wonderful. If you have to be living out of cardboard and be transient with two kids, that was the place to be. Need I say that it really did feel like a vacation? Most days I didn't even know what day of the week it was! We were so transported out of our normal life (aside from the constant driving back to Longmont).
So now, here we are in our new house, trying desperately to dig ourselves out of boxes. I'm reminded of my previous blog post about loving moving. I still think I liked most of it. But it has started to work me over. It's been a long process, between getting the house ready to sell, the showings, packings, being "in between" houses, then moving in, but getting the paint done, windows replaced, taking bids on landscapers for a new backyard...it's pretty daunting. I wouldn't say I've hated it though..some days were better than others. I'm having fun picking paint colors and uncovering our things from the mound of boxes..it's sort of like a treasure hunt!
We'll be excited to post pictures of the new house soon. We're very very thankful and blessed. Thankful for being here in CO with our friends and family. And thankful to that same group of people for lifting/moving our boxes, storing our things, painting our house, watching our kids and taking us in for almost three weeks.
-xoxoxox-


1 comment:
i bet mimi was in heaven with the doggies!!!
Post a Comment