Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Since We Last Talked...

Mimi had her FIRST sleepover at a friend's house (Mikaela),
I found out that gluten was making me have daily headaches and stomach problems, so I'm staying away (and thankful to know so I can feel better!) Now we're full-blown hippies ;)

...And Bode has TWO FRONT TEETH!


(sorry Daddy, didn't have anything to include for you. You're just strong and steady ;)


Bode's actually been continuing to change a bunch, so I want to document all of his fun new things. 

He is 9 1/2 months old.

Barely eating baby food (just the real stuff now!)

Still working on sleeping a whole night through. I caved in our transition. It's hard enough to hear your own baby cry for an hour straight. It's worse if you feel like everyone can hear your baby cry! (even if Nan and Gpa said it was fine ;)

Has the biggest smile that isn't hard to coax out at all. He laughs and chuckles so easily and it's so fun to hear. Mimi can get the belly laughs out with pretty much anything she does.

Is "talking" so much. He makes different sounds and different intonations all the time. He can go from guttural moaning and yelling to a sweet, soft, high pitch voice when he's reading or talking to Henry. That's my favorite because I can't help envision when he's a grown man and bigger than me, and remembering his sweet, soft baby voice.
He also has learned to make a sound to get us to do what he wants. I also swear that he said "more" twice the other day after I had said it and sort of did the sign for "all done!"

LOVES books! He will open one of his little book and completely change his tone...he's either "reading" it or talking to the characters. Either way, it's adorable.

We had his nine month check up last week. Bode started out BIG. He's now curved down on the chart. It was shocking at first (cause we all liked to hear his gigantic weight and feel proud about it like he was some exhibit at a county fair and we got a blue ribbon for it), but once we understood that he's fine and it's normal, we're okay. He moves. A lot. And fast. So it's really no wonder that he's slimming down. Chasing him down is my new workout routine.


Frazzled is the word that best describes me these days. I don't love it, but it's the truth. Maybe it's the move. Or maybe it's the stage of life, but of course I had to try to document why I feel so frazzled most of the time, so I could look at it and hope that others find it amusing (or could relate!)


This nine month appointment was very different from the sixth month one. 




Bode had pulled the extra table paper out and crumpled it up:

While Mimi rocked some awesome crimped hair:


The doctor's appointment was hilarious. Bode was grabbing onto Dr. Nancy's pants, pulling at everything. It was something else!


This is what my purse looked like that day:
(Something tells me that's not quite what H & M had in mind for that bag)



...And this is what our car looked like:

I'm sure you can see why I was frazzled.
(oh, and don't worry. We got a chance to repeat this day just a few days after when my children broke out in crazy hives. That day my car was full of garage sale finds ;)


Okay. Back to Bode!

During that same week as the hives and doctor's check up and crowded car, Bode twisted his finger in something and almost had us at the Urgent Care (until we realized that it was going to be okay). Then later (same day) he pinched his fingers in a drawer. He actually does that multiple times in a day, but that time was bad. Here's his sweet, chubby little injured digits:




Cute baby boy. xox



Here's some video to keep you entertained as well :)