Monday, August 19, 2013

Back To School

(that title is meant to be sung in an Adam Sandler, "Billy Maddison" way)

****


Last week Mimi went back to school! At a new school!
Pre-K 4 days a week. 

Since she has that "on the cusp" birthday and could either be younger or older in her class, we opted for the later choice. So now it feels like she's been in preschool forever (as pointed out by my observant father).

Either way, we are glad for our decision :) It will be a great year.

Here's her first day pics.

The night before school started we went out for a girls dinner with her buddy (and mine!) Charlotte and her mom Beth.


The next day, she had her backpack on for most of the morning...
school doesn't start until noon.


Mums at the grocery store...a sure sign of fall!

Here's the big girl...






She walked in, waved goodbye and that was that. She's old hat at this stuff... 
But it was weird to be without her..

So in my loneliness, I took a picture of her cutely made bed that she left 
(this NEVER happens)


Then I proceeded to have parental first day anxiety as I ventured into the "hug and go" lane (wondering if I was doing it right? Was I in the right spot? Too early?!?) Beth was there on the other side of texts to talk me off the ledge.. ;)

She had a GREAT first day!
 They went to the greenhouse, fed coy in the ponds and ate purple carrots. So pretty much it's like she goes to Hogworts.



Good job Mims :) 



1 comment:

The Larsons said...

so cute!! she is seriously looking so old. how did that happen.