I have started to be a bird person.
I'm not quite sure when that happened.
Maybe it started when we moved into a neighborhood that actually HAS birds in it (because of the very large, old trees that live there) but all of a sudden I want to be able to identify birds. I want to know what a chickadee looks like and I get SUPER excited when I see a blue jay.
One day when Bode and I were hanging outside in the yard there was a robin close to us. Robins aren't particularly exciting, but it was SO close to us. So I took a video:
So now I'm the girl who takes videos of birds.
And who desperately wants one of those stuffed animal birds who you squeeze and they sing their particular song.
And I have the Audubon Society app on my phone.
Okay, I've said too much.
*****
Okay, I'm back. I didn't say enough. We have HUMMINGBIRDS swarming outside of our window. It is SO cool. They come super close to us and eat at the feeder. One day the kids and I were sitting underneath the feeder and marveling at how close we were to this buzzing, minature bird. When suddenly, like an alien space craft it hoovered right.in.front.of.our.faces. I even ducked! I was afraid it was going to attack!!! But later my mom clarified that it was probably just making sure we weren't flowers, filled with nectar. It was a crazy experience.
So there you have it. I've outed myself.
I am a bird-loving, Audubon nerd. And I don't care who knows :)
I'm not quite sure when that happened.
Maybe it started when we moved into a neighborhood that actually HAS birds in it (because of the very large, old trees that live there) but all of a sudden I want to be able to identify birds. I want to know what a chickadee looks like and I get SUPER excited when I see a blue jay.
One day when Bode and I were hanging outside in the yard there was a robin close to us. Robins aren't particularly exciting, but it was SO close to us. So I took a video:
So now I'm the girl who takes videos of birds.
And who desperately wants one of those stuffed animal birds who you squeeze and they sing their particular song.
And I have the Audubon Society app on my phone.
Okay, I've said too much.
*****
Okay, I'm back. I didn't say enough. We have HUMMINGBIRDS swarming outside of our window. It is SO cool. They come super close to us and eat at the feeder. One day the kids and I were sitting underneath the feeder and marveling at how close we were to this buzzing, minature bird. When suddenly, like an alien space craft it hoovered right.in.front.of.our.faces. I even ducked! I was afraid it was going to attack!!! But later my mom clarified that it was probably just making sure we weren't flowers, filled with nectar. It was a crazy experience.
So there you have it. I've outed myself.
I am a bird-loving, Audubon nerd. And I don't care who knows :)
1 comment:
Nerd alert. ;)
Post a Comment