Monday, May 5, 2014

Baseball and Oskars


Emerson's dad Adam coaches baseball. 
All season I thought we'd catch a game and hadn't yet.

Last week we finally made arrangements to go to a game.


And Bode fell asleep on the way there. He couldn't be roused.

It was too much for me! He's been BEGGING to go to a baseball game since January. I drive by high school games and slow down and take cell phone pictures for him (and look like a total creeper).

And here we were SO close to the action on a sunny day and he was sleeping.
Poor buddy.

Good thing Daddy's shoulder is so cozy.



And look at this one:

I was carrying Emerson in her carrier and Mimi had her baby too.



Eventually Bode woke up
(and then promptly asked to go home).

But he got in the baseball spirit in the car with his glove.

***

After our baseball adventure (and eating LOTS of leftovers at home;)
we decided to have a treat and go to Oskars.






We sat right by the pond and enjoyed the late afternoon sun.

(and I stressed the whole time...do you let your kids throw rocks in the pond or not? Lately, life seems so full of rules and regulations...it's wearing me thin. Remember when kids could just be kids and parents just did the best they could?

So I let Bode throw rocks (his FAVORITE thing to do) and then made him stop when an employee came by. That's healthy, right?! ;)

***

No comments: