Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Just in Case I forget...

I used to compulsively update this blog.
And people would say, "you're so good at blogging. I wish I could be better." And I thought, "don't wish that. I can't help it. My brain doesn't feel right unless I've dumped on this blog, and it's probably unhealthy!" It wasn't like I blogged to be THE BEST at blogging. I just need to record, to capture, to dump to make my brain clear. It's the same reason I need to journal-it's just how I function best. And like I said, it's probably unhealthy. But, there's a wonderful by-product to my madness...it's a record of our life. I can look back at my journals and see that last year I struggled with feeling down and weepy in the beginning of December...even though I wouldn't say the holidays get to me. Or I can look back at our blog and remember funny quirks about my kids, or challenges in parenting that I thought we'd never overcome.

Lately life has been busier, so blogging is less frequent.
But with that comes a full, clogged brain that can't always think straight. I miss quiet moments to hash out life and put my thoughts in order. And this week is just that.
 Ben is off. We had a trip that got postponed. Our calendar is purposely empty. So now I can sit, dump and reflect. And like it or not, it's the only way that I can feel sane. 

xo
So here goes!

Bode's school pics...yes I'm a photographer. Yes I bought all of these.
Go figure.



Half the fun of Christmas is the anticipation...Mimi and I went ice skating to kick off our list of winter fun activities




Getting Christmas cards is still my FAVE part of the season...



Thanks to the Jensens, Ben and I got to see Star Wars the night before it came out. We debated whether it would be appropriate for Bodes (even though he was MASSIVELY obsessed with it already). We concluded that we knew the parts to shield his eyes, but as a whole it was fine. What we didn't factor in was that he may not want to see it. His desire to stay home even trumps a Star Wars movie. Hmm...he's a mystery folks.


We're in the elf game friends. And it's madness.
I avoided for so long because I didn't need to OVERDO one more thing...I was saving myself from myself. Less. I choose "more" in so many other areas. But the elf happened in our house and THIS is happening. (Along with mini gingerbread houses).

Mimi's sassy hair.


Oma and BT babysat and made Christmas cookies...We {heart} our grandparents so much!

Our buds!



(Winston protects Mercy). xo

I'll give you one guess about who took this picture?!

Mimi and her crafting. I can't even begin to explain it.
She looks up youtube videos of kids crafting and does project after project after project. All day. All night. All the time. It's both impressive and terrifying. 
(and I'm getting a glimpse into how I can look at times to Ben).


Love my couch sleepers.

Brunch with Nanny and Geeps


Those crazy elves!



Molly Paws Swanson meeting Winston Omaha Turrill...


A few weeks ago I get a text from Ash, it says:




We never want to be weird about our kids, but we just stand and marvel at their sweet relationship. We're astonished that so far it's avoided awkwardness and growing up (a boy and a girl?! Three grades apart?! And they still are unashamedly friends?!)

LOVE LOVE LOVE them.

 It was a winner. She put the clothes on immediately.

 And Gent has Bode's number too...


New Train from Popee...




 Christmas Eve!

Day after Christmas fun with our buddies..




Sure. I'll volunteer to man the "warming" car...!










And more crafting...





So, that's us right now. xox

No comments: