Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Winston's Birthday


Today I woke up early. By myself. 
I felt like a kid. I could tell that it had snowed and the draw to a quiet downstairs filled with white lights and coffee pulled me in.

Words can't express how blessed I felt when I walked down and saw the snow gently falling outside. Blessed to be a warm house. Blessed to be in a safe neighborhood. Blessed by this big backyard filled with big trees. I am blessed.


...as I was finishing up Christmas cards and loving every second of quiet, I heard my phone buzzing with a phone call. Then panic set in. What disaster had happened that someone needed to call me at 5 am?!?

But my fears were calmed when I heard a message on the other end telling me that it was a SNOW DAY from school! I knew my Miss Mimi Harper would be jumping out of her skin excited!!

(I truly wished I could've filmed me telling her. It was priceless. A Youtube sensation for sure. ;) But I have to leave some moments undocumented I guess...)

The second exciting thing happening in our house this morning was Winston, the dog's SECOND birthday. We don't blog about this little pup very often (thank goodness, right?) but we love him so so much. He's pretty much the perfect dog for us: Low maintenance (when WAS the last time he went for a walk?!), no shedding, no drooling, no knocking down small children...he just lays around and cuddles all day (but does bark when someone comes...a blessing and curse I guess). We just adore him. 


(If you only knew how many pictures I have of him like this)


So of course we had to celebrate him today. We made him a cake of dog food, apples and whipped cream...his favorite. Then delivered presents. By the fast-paced wagging of his little tail, we could tell that he was excited by his birthday attention.




Happy birthday Winston!

No comments: