Friday, September 9, 2011

FALL IS HERE!

I love fall!!!!!

The minute the air gets a little crisper, I remember every fun fall memory I've had...I love it! It instills a new sense of optimism in Ben and I. It's fun to look forward to Saturdays watching college football and our annual Fall mountain trip!

On the first chilly day we had I couldn't wait to get in Bode's clothes tubs and pull out all of the  long-sleeved 3-6 month stuff..so fun to be able to actually dress him now, not just let him hang in a onesie!


Fall is also all about starting school. Even though I'm not teaching, I get excited about a new school year. So this year it's extra special that MIMI started school...

This is what our house looks like these days:



Picking Mimi up from school has been a really fun event. It's nice to be excited to see her. We usually have a little moment just her and I (with Bode snoozing in the stroller) to catch up about her day. I was giddy the first time she showed up with a noodle necklace and book orders... ;)

I love her sweet little spirit. She really is an easy-going girl. And I just ADORE that everyone is her "friend." When I picked her up on Thursday her teacher told me that a little girl hit Mimi (and some other kids). It didn't seem like a big deal, and I didn't bring it up. But, when we were walking to the car Mimi said, "mom, my FRIEND just kept hitting me and hitting me" (insert a visual of her showing me). I wanted to die laughing and cry at the same time. Even after this girl assaulted her during story time, I love that she was still "my friend." ;)
(then later she told me more..."mom, my friend kept hitting my other friend!"


****

The next pictures are just random...
I just love this little guy.
He's starting to coo. 
It's precious.





And lately with all the fall talk, we've been thinking about what Bode could be for Halloween..

Maybe he could be Ben?






(I couldn't resist. It had to be done.)

All Ben wears is his blue shirts. 
It's what we see him in EVERY DAY.
Then, when laundry comes, they litter our dining room as they dry.
Then they are draped over the iron board waiting to be ironed.
They are everywhere.

So, I found this in a bag of hand-me-downs for Bode before he was born and envisioned this picture.

Pretty cute, huh? :)

No comments: