Thursday, March 15, 2012

Mimi 3 1/2

Over the last few days Mimi has jumped a leap into "closer to four-ville." She's just growing up! I have sat here, trying to put it all into words. What it is, what she says, etc..


I just can't. 


She's just getting bigger.


It's in the way she carries herself and even how she regards me. Lately she talks to me like we're peers (not in a bad way...just in the way that it's like we're sharing a joke, or she's my pal...). This morning she said, "Mom! Doesn't Bode just look ADORABLE?!" ;)


The other morning we shared a bagel sandwich together while the boys slept. 
Even though she talks like she's big, and we have "big" conversations, I still was reminded of her age by her chest, littered with Disney stickers. It was a funny paradox.
(Because isn't that your urge when you see a sheet of stickers? To plaster them all over the front of your shirt?!)


The constant battle lately is with her hair. We've made a deal that if I let her grow it out, she has to let me pull it back so she doesn't look homeless. So far it's going okay. In public. But when she gets in the car, she rips those clips and rubberbands out before my car door is even closed. I think she's had it easy with me because I wasn't really a "hair stickler" for the first part of her life...so I don't feel bad for wanting her thick mane pulled back so I can see her pretty face (and my personal favorite body part of hers...her sweet forehead. I don't know why, but it's been my favorite "Mimi feature" since birth.)


Here's my 3 1/2 year old:











(Oh yeah, and Mimi also has various imaginary siblings these days. They are with her all the time and their names change every minute. She has a lot of imaginary brothers. I'm not really sure why she needs an imaginary one since she has a real brother, but whatever. ;)

No comments: