Monday, July 16, 2012

The Countdown is ON

..And actually has been on for awhile. The countdown we're talking about is BODE'S BIG FIRST BIRTHDAY

 I think the big first birthday is a milestone for the baby AND equally the parents. WE MADE IT!!! Through morning sickness and anxieties about the little baby growing, through another C-section and recovery with another child around. Through sleepless nights (lots of them) and days spent incoherent (lots of them), nursing (and lots of biting), through learning how to do the grocery store, church, social obligations with two, and everything else. It's a big reason to celebrate.

And mostly I'm just excited to celebrate this little guy who we're in serious love with. We're so blessed and I literally squeeze him extra hard every time I pick him up because I feel like the luckiest mama in the world.

SO, YAY FOR THE FIRST BIRTHDAY coming up this weekend!!!
(woa. I must be excited. I have seriously gone through this post three times to take out all of the caps and exclamation marks in here so it doesn't seem like I'm yelling and still a few have sneaked in)

****

Bode's been trying to walk for awhile, but hasn't really gotten serious about it, until we got on the trampoline yesterday evening. I think watching his sister jump around gleefully gave him extra motivation...

Here's the video:
(extremely long and annoying mom voice in the background..)





AND he learned how to clap!!!!
(I actually think he was just clapping out of his excitement about watermelon; the boy is OBSESSED. We have to hide it from him :)









1 comment:

The Larsons said...

SO FUN!!! love Mimi cheering him on! :)