Mimi now has HER turn for swim lessons!
She waited anxiously by while Bode took his (we use that turn loosely, considering we ditched out on more than half of them..ah, life of a second child. Sorry buddy. We did more "unstructured" classes in BT and Oma's pool...)
She started hers on Thursday. It was an evening class, which turns out is a GREAT TIME! It's at 5, so we gear up, swim, then grab dinner, bath and everyone gets a great night of sleep. It's perfect.

As we posted on here, this has been the summer that Mimi has found a new confidence and independence in the water. I was excited to see how she would do in this "alligator" class....
We found her teacher together and then I got that rush of "I have a CHILD not a BABY anymore" when she went off with just the teacher and her class to sit in a circle and introduce herself. It's such a privilege watching a little person grow up :) I'm never bored by each new stage and accomplishment :)
She just looked SO BIG in that swim class.
And the best part was, it was REAL swimming. Up until now, it's just been a lot of play and splashing. But this one started with them doing major "get your face and head wet" under water stuff...
Then the teacher had the kids push off the wall, face in and streamline swim to her...MIMI WAS SWIMMING!!!! I've been wondering how and when that magical moment comes when a kid really learns to swim. Turns out, that moment for Mimi was on Thursday. Caught on video!!!
Obviously she's not full on doing strokes, but it was so cool to see her doing something that looked like swimming. It was great.
Here's her cheering section
(when we weren't in the water playing too)
Bode, doing his favorite thing:
CLIMBING
In an instant, he was at the top rung of the back of the chaise lounge, sticking to it like spiderman. No joke.
With all this climbing (and all of the stairs and drops in our house) I've been trying to teach him for months to "turn around! turn around!" when he's getting off something. He finally has mastered it!
Watching him mimic something I've taught him is so cool! He gets it!
Mimi was so proud to get home to tell her daddy how she did. We commemorated the fun night with her favorite meal: CHICK FIL A!

No comments:
Post a Comment