My dearest baby girl,
You have been SO sweet lately. You're becoming such a little lady. You experiment with big words like "exasperating" and "nervous" (and have even started using them in the correct way!)
You talk so sweet to your little brother and mimic the way I talk to him. You're my best little helper when Mommy needs to know the answers to questions in the car like, "What's Bode doing Mims?" Or "Is he choking/sleeping/awake" etc...I try to be conscious of not abusing this older sister role too much. He loves you so much and the slightest blink of your eye can make his tummy shake with laughter. (But, I know that he's a little brother and can be annoying too...even though you're most of the time sweet, I've caught you giving an extra hard jab or push when he's overstepped his space.
You're still super big into imaginary things: mainly siblings and dogs. Everything we do your "sister" and "brother" do too...sometimes they're so present, even I start believing in them! And with your dogs, while we were hiking over the weekend your dog was "with" us, in a little backpack on your back just like Bode's.
Lately you've said the funniest thing to me. When I'm doing your hair (which you hate and is a fight every morning) you say with the most serious, grumpy/whiny voice, "you're not going to pull my chest hair are you?" I stifle laughter and say "WHAT?" And you repeat yourself. It's hilarious. You mean those little hairs at the back of your neck, but you call them chest hairs (probably because you've heard daddy tell Bode not to pull his chest hair ;)
You are such an adventurous girl. You LOVE the play place at Ikea. When I was a little girl I would've hated being in there, all alone, not knowing anyone. But you BEG to go and jump right in and then can't stop talking about the friends you played with. That makes me so proud of you.
This picture is from the recent Ikea trip.
Which brings me to the last thing. You're OBSESSED with Hawaii. It's hilarious and random. We've never been, never talk about it, don't know people who go, but for at least a few months you're so into it. You have certain outfits that you've dubbed your "Hawaii shirt/skirt/etc..." Because we told Daddy's coworker this, she bought you this grass skirt and a few leis. You whipped it on the moment we got it and insisted on wearing it to Ikea. (Although I think we made you take it off before you played because it was shedding like a golden retriever in July ;)
I love you little girl. I love being your mommy.
xoxoxo

1 comment:
let's all go to hawaii! (when we win powerball, of course)
Post a Comment