Mimi is almost four years old.
As we soak up as much of the Summer Olympics as we can, it's a great reminder of where we were four years ago. The olympics were streaming nonstop in our labor and delivery room for every part of my laboring process. (I of course was not watching them, but our room full of family, doula, etc..a.k.a."people not in agonizing pain contracting" were watching). The Olympics will always be a great marker to look back at how much this little girl has grown in four years.
This almost four year old has been saying funny things lately. Here's a glimpse...
(as she was riding her bike on a family walk and concentrating on pedaling and watching it go around and round)
"This is like a carousel for my feet!"
(After a family hike where I kept getting bit by horse flies)
"How are your donkey mosquito bites mom?!"
(a.k.a. Horse flies)
I was so frustrated one day because Bode kept getting his leg caught in the slates of his crib. I related the story to Mimi, and she listened so intently and genuinely-I felt like we were pals. Then she responded by saying, "Well, I have a baby who's still in my tummy, but the other one who isn't keeps getting caught in her crib too..." It reminded me so much of this SNL skit:
***
1 comment:
I laughed out loud at the SNL reference. :)
Post a Comment