Mimi is quite a crafty girl.
I think she's like me; fall sparks her inspiration.
Monday we got a surprise gift of Levi being picked up early. It was a crisp, long-sleeved shirt sort of early fall day. So while Bode snoozed and Mama read a magazine and felt like she'd just won an all-expense paid trip to Amazingland, Mimi pulled out her craft supplies and got busy.
She made this drum out of paper plates. It was adorned with feathers and a ribbon for around her neck, so she could march, hands free.
Then she made me a hat while I was high on the blissful quiet that was also out of a paper plate and feathers, but seriously would've been fit to wear at the royal wedding.
I love it when I get a glimpse into her "anything is possible if I have paper and feathers" four year old world. I remember what that feels like.
As we all know, Mimi also has a BIG dog obsession (not "big dogs" but she's really into dogs...get it? ;) So lately she's used her craftiness and inspiration to do what any girl who's parents won't get her a dog do, make them out of cardboard and carry them around and sleep with them. That's normal, right?
This is some of the dogs we've drawn, printed out and pasted on cardboard and that's their "dog house/mansion" in the back.
Sometimes I call doing all of this dog art "quality time" sometimes I call it "mom hell;" (all dependent on what time in the day it is...noon: great. 8 pm: not so great).
And why not leave the creation to just dogs. Why not make friends out of cardboard? So Mimi made a life-sized Izzy from Jake and the Neverland Pirates cartoon:
Maybe next she could make a life-sized cardboard mommy so I could go to Starbucks and read a book? Just a thought.
****





No comments:
Post a Comment