Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Play Time With Popee

Ben and I were gifted tickets to the Buffs game on Saturday.

We were SOOO excited!!!

Then we had to think about finding someone to watch our kids.
("hisssssss" that's the sound of a little of the excitement escaping from our fun-balloon).

I just wracked my brain trying to think of who could watch our TWO kids for practically the whole day. Through lunch and nap time and cranky time...the works. It was stressing me out.

The conclusion we came to was sending Mimi to her friend Mya's house (Mya's mom works with Ben and she is always begging for us to have Mimi come over. Which works out great because Mimi's always begging for me to let her come over). And we were going to drive Bode to my dad and Rachel's in Wheatridge.

Thankfully Bode is in a bit of a more adaptable age. He's not nursing, not as tied to a big schedule, can eat regular food. But he's never been at my dad's by himself for long. And it's not somewhere that we go a lot anyways...it feels sort of far. But I knew he'd be okay. Dad and Rachel were SO excited for the opportunity, and had been baby proofing all morning. I was just keeping my eye on the prize and looking forward to Ben and I's fun day together...it would all be alright. So I pushed the anxiety out of my head and left half of our household goods with my Dad and Rachel. (We came into their house in a furry and "outfitted" it for Bode. It was like something out of a movie. Where a team swoops down on an unsuspecting character and completely changes their house into a control center or something. We may as well be wearing black or some Mission Impossible gear...throw together the pack 'n play, plug in the fan, set up monitors, unhinge the complicated stroller system, take over their stove to make mac 'n cheese, coat the baby with sunscreen, etc...)

We said goodbye to baby and headed for the game (and Ben drove like he had just robbed something...he realized this after mile three...he must've been more excited to leave than I had suspected!)

****

The game was SO fun and I didn't worry about Bode. But at about 4:45, when he'd been with Dad and Rach for a good five hours, my mommy timer started going off. Suddenly I just wanted to leave and go get him. I knew that if he hadn't slept, it was going to be rough (for him and them!) Dad wouldn't text back with a status update (girls are so much better at that. Mimi's friends mom on the other hand, had already sent me two pictures by this time!). But when I did hear back from my dad, he said Bode was sleeping and all was well. So we were able to enjoy most of the end of the game and get out of the stadium without a frantic energy. (And Dad didn't text me a response sooner because he was sacked out too!) Cute.

It turns out Bode did SO well there. I'm sure if he cried, they saved me from the details, but he seemed so happy. He really loves my dad. They have a special connection. They just always have. So, you can tell from the pictures that these two blue-eyed guys, with Robert in their names, had a great time.




Dad said that they sat on the couch for quite awhile, just watching golf. How sweet...xoxo




Here's also the link to my Dad's blog; he took some BEAUTIFUL pics of the boy:


Dad's Blog

I'll just post the pics because I'm slightly obsessed. 















No comments: