Bode has so many new "tricks" lately. Like kissing, giving high fives, saying "please" and "all done" in sign language. It's fun.
The other day I was DESPERATE for both of the boys to be sleeping at the same time after I dropped Mimi off for preschool. I was giddy with excitement when it looked like that may happen. Then Bode didn't sleep. But our life lately has been teaching me to just roll with it all and look for the blessings and gifts God has for me in each moment, even if it wasn't on my wish list.
The upside was that I got one on one time with my baby boy. That rarely happens. I got to watch him walk around the house in his little gap jeans and tennis shoes, got to watch him smile so big that I could see his dimple and got to snuggle with him. It was actually pretty great.
Here's him and Mimi last night. They really do love each other. Having Levi here has even solidified their bond more. I think that when our "work day" is over, our family unit feels even tighter, more familiar.
Bode was doling out high fives, and when Mimi asked for one, he went in for a kiss with his signature "mmmmm" sound effect instead...xxooxoxo
Seeing them together is the best part of my job. It feels complete.
(or maybe that's just the "collector" in me. I like to have a set of things. ;)
****
No comments:
Post a Comment