I feel like we literally went from snowstorm to the last week of school...does anyone else feel like that? I keep making lists about summer because I feel like I need to work myself into the idea that it's really here!
This week was insane with having end of the school year picnics/play dates/BSF parties/teacher gifts/etc... I like it all, but there's been a lot of projects on my plate. Get ready for a lot of blog posts. It's literally how I can process through what we've done, relive it once and then start with a clean slate (and clean camera memory card) for the summer.
Mimi's class had their end of year picnic at a great ranch/old homestead just outside of town. We sat in the shade of old trees, in the lawn of a well-preserved old house and ate our picnic lunches. I liked pretending like we'd just been transported to another time.
If you can't tell, this is how Mimi spends her time...off with her friends (GIRLS ONLY!) She must be a school-aged kid.
And Bode just pushed his way through the crowds of older boys all day...his apparent disregard of his smaller age and size was a funny thing to see played out all day.
Then they went inside for a little performance and "diploma" receiving.
It was the first time I'd see Mimi act too cool for something..it was a little hilarious.
Then we got to tour the old barn
Bode thoroughly enjoyed milking the cow...
Love this big girl.
(although she looks cozier than I like her to be with that red solo cup...college here we come! ;)
I like to make events out of things. Which is why I sort of liked this crazy "end of school" week...I like staying up late making elaborate teacher gifts and I like baking cupcakes that look like apples with worms coming out of them. And I like marking occasions with homemade crowns that say "Summer Here I come." So sue me. ;)
I took Mimi and her friend Charlotte to get ice cream on their last day of school. (It was really because Charlotte's mom took Mimi to school and I was picking up...but it seemed like time ripe for the opportunity of after school ice cream). Charlotte and Mimi are going to the same school and will be in the same class next year. They both have late summer bdays and are doing Pre-K together. Charlotte's mom is great. I found out that she has no shame returning a text the minute she gets it either, also looks at the menu online before going to a restaurant just to whet her appetite and likes giving elaborate teacher gifts and talks too much and makes conversations awkward when she's nervous too... so it's the start of a beautiful school-mate friendship. ;)
Because a preschool picnic and a trip for ice cream wasn't enough, we also had a play date this morning with some preschool friends...
Summer break here we come!!!!!!!
****
This is how Mimi is already spending all of her waking (and by the looks of it, sleeping) hours...OUTSIDE!!!!! That girl LOVES being outside. She spotted our first little sunflowers coming up today and has alerted me that the bush she is laying under in that picture smells like shrimp. She also noticed that a dandelion "bloomed" today.
We're getting grass TOMORROW (thank you again Jeff and Kari Kozlowski!!!!). HOORAY!







1 comment:
So my "teacher" mom always had BACK to school parties rather than end of school parties. She wanted to make us excited to go back to school. HA I thought you would appreciate that since you will always be a teacher at heart. ;) But I'm of the mind set that whenever there is an occasion, there should be a celebration... so yay for the summer here I come party AND the back to school party!
Post a Comment