So, we've been without internet for almost a week. A lot has happened in our life! I was excited to be able to blog about it all.
Not only are Mimi's ears now pierced, but she's lost her THIRD tooth!
***
As I've blogged about before, she's had a crazy tooth, horizontally hanging out of her mouth for maybe a month. It was turning brown. The other one was pushing through. And I had put a call into the dentist. It was time for it to come out.
Enter swim lessons.
On the first day of swim lessons Monday, Bode and I sat by the side of the pool, watching Mimi swim in her "dolphin" class. About halfway through, she swam to the edge and pointed to her tooth. I saw red. I wondered if she bumped it a bit more loose and it was bleeding..? But when I looked closer, I saw that it was GONE! But as quickly as I realized that, Mimi gave me the "don't say ANYTHING" sign and swam away.
FINALLY! Her tooth was out! But why wasn't she as excited as I was?!?!
The answer is because she is almost six.
And she is feeling more self-conscious.
And embarrassed.
When she got out of the pool, I was ready to celebrate her tooth and she looked forlorn.
"Why are you sad?!?!" I asked her.
"Because I lost my tooth in the pool." she replied.
I assured her that she could write a letter to the tooth fairy and she'd still leave money...things like that happen all of the time!
"I thought you'd be mad at me," she said.
WHAAT?!?
Why would I be mad? She told me she thought I'd be mad that she dropped it. Sweet girl. Of course I assured her that there's no way I would be mad about that! It was an accident! I was just excited for that dangly tooth to finally have been evicted. Apparently she bumped the wall with her mouth and it came out.
So now she looks like this:





No comments:
Post a Comment