Thursday, June 5, 2014

Then THIS happened...

One minute, Mimi is a little six month old, crawling around the house. 

Then, you blink, and her EARS ARE PIERCED!

WHHHAAAT?!?!?

It was something we've talked about on and off. Then she said she'd get her ears pierced if Charlotte did. I know that some families make their kiddos wait until they're 9 or 10. But then there's those families who get their baby's ears pierced. (In Puerto Rico, they do it in the hospital. Circumcision to the right, ears piercing to the left... ;)

I went along with the plan because I was excited if she really wanted to get her ears pierced. She's been walking around with the magnets you use to mark your wine glass on her ear lobes for awhile...and that can't really be safe either! But I didn't think she'd go through with it.

(However, I did have an indication that she was serious about this because it's ALL SHE TALKED ABOUT for weeks). She whisper into my ear when I was talking to a friend (or a store clerk) "tell them I'm getting my ears pierced!"

***

Friday came, and we were all twitterpated with excitement. (Actually I think we all- moms AND girls- were feeling apprehensive too. I wondered if I was going to cry when they shot an earring gun into my sweet baby's virgin lobes).

The pictures really tell it all:


Chris and Bennett, there to watch


Sweet girls...



When Charlotte and Beth and Bennett showed up to pick Mimi and I up, we noticed that the girls were dressed almost identical. (Mimi changed her shirt to really get match.. ;)

First ears pierced, then Hot Topics I guess...












This is about when the apprehension set in. The girls got so so so quiet.

This picture is breaking my heart. I noticed that she was looking scared, but I think if I would've seen this picture of her face close up, I would've whisked her out of the chair. 

But instead I put my camera down and tried to get her to look into my face. I knew how bad she wanted this done, and that it'd be over before she knew it...



The girls at Piercing Pagoda were SO SO good. They were awesome with kids and one of them even stayed later so that there'd be two people to pierce both ears at the same time.

It really was anti-climatic. She each flanked Mimi with their "guns" and pierced them in the blink of an eye. It was over so fast. Mimi let out a delayed "ouch" and that was it.

IT WAS WORTH IT!


The girls both picked out their birthstones...

Then it was Charlotte's turn!

Apprehensive/nervous face: 
 



Oh, sweet face!!! Another heartbreaker...! Good thing I know how it ends.


DONE!



MUCH happier!

Then dinner in the food court




Good job, brave girls!





***

3 comments:

Unknown said...

They are very brave girls! And the photos are AMAZING!

With love from Charlotte's Grammy

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I LOVE that these 2 sweet beautiful girls are such good friends. . . And the mommies too!
Thanks so much for this Mackenzie! I feel like I was there! Love it. All!
Dawn