Monday, February 21, 2011

Big Girl Things


I have been SICK SICK SICK over the last four days...it's been miserable! I feel so bitter that preggie people have to get colds too..haven't we suffered enough going through two months+ of morning sickness?!!? But enough of my rant...

So, while I was sleeping in bed Ben took Mimi to any and every park and also made a trip to Costco to get this:




MIMI'S FIRST BIG GIRL BED!!!!


We're just going to have one in her room for now, pushed up against the wall. We looked for trundles for a long time (just for when she's older with friends sleeping over and stuff), but this jumped out at us and was SO cute!!!! 

Another BIG GIRL development is that we signed Mimi up for preschool in the fall!!!! It was a long process of deciding. We just didn't know if it'd be too early to start. Since Mimi has an August birthday, she'd either be an early kindergartener, or a later one. I prefer the last (since I've had plenty of time to form an opinion about that teaching kindergarten!!!! However, if parenting has taught me anything, it's taught me not to make ANY definite statements about parenting opinions! They are always changing!!!!). Anyways, we looked at a  few schools and found a sweet little preschool in Longmont that was just perfect. It seemed to be what preschool is all about...sweet teachers, fun things to play with and lots of time just to learn how to be in a classroom (they do Zoo phonics too, which I love!). And, our neighbors sent their daughter, Kira there and they loved it! So, we signed her up!!!! I think that it will be nice to have some structure in our lives come the fall (with less time for me to try to occupy Mims with meaningful activities that don't always include the T.V.!). We will see how all of this looks with a new baby in the house as well..!

She is super excited about both of her big girl things!!!!! School and a bed!!!!! :)




2 comments:

Ashley said...

she is growing up! hope you are feeling better!

Rachel said...

I LOVE those bunk beds! Seriously, I might just have to copy you and get the same ones. They are so cute.